About three years ago I started a list called “Things I wish I had known earlier” in my blog.
firstly, came up with 10 lessons about life, love, relationships and career. Things I have learned from mentors, friends, readers, books, etc.
I created the list for myself because I realized that I forgot important lessons at the same rate I learned new lessons.
Here’s the newly edition. I hope you find it useful.
1.Struggle Is Good
Never say “I can’t take it anymore.” Say “Bring it on!”
2.Don’t Complain or Give Excuses
Complaining is the biggest waste of time there is. Either do something about it, and if you can’t, shut up about it.
3.Always Strive For Something
When you wake up in the morning, think about what you’re trying to achieve. Humans need a vision to wake up every morning. After you picture your vision, go after it. Every day.
4.Spend Time With People You Love
That’s your family and best friends. If you don’t have a family, create one. Most people in life are only visitors. Family is for life.
5.Don’t Start A Relationship If You’re Not In Love
I’ve done this more than once. You kind of like someone and think: “We might as well give it a shot.” Not a good idea. You’re either in love, or you are not. Don’t fool yourself. It’s not fair to you and the other person.
A healthy body is where you have to start everything in life. If you can’t build a healthy and strong body, what can you build in life?
7.Keep A Journal
No, keeping a journal is not for children. It helps you to become a better thinker and writer. “I don’t want to be a writer” you might think. Well, how many emails and texts do you send a day? Everybody is a writer.
Say ‘thank you’ to everyone and everything. “Thank you for this beautiful day.” “Thank you for your email.” “Thank you for being there for me.”
9. Don’t Care About What People Think
We all die in the end, do you really think it matters what people think of you?
10. Take More Risks
Don’t be such a wimp. Seriously.
11. Pick An Industry, Not A JobIf you want to become good at something, you need to spend years and years doing that. You can’t do that if you hop from industry to industry. Pick an industry you love and start at the bottom. You will find the perfect role for you eventually.
12. Learn Every DayYou’ve got to train your brain to stay alert. You don’t have to read a book a day to learn every day. Learn from your mistakes. Learn from the people around you — be open to what they can teach you.
13. Be NiceI don’t mean you should be a pushover. You can be someone that doesn’t take poo and be nice about it. Just don’t insult people, think you’re better than them, or act like an idiot.
14. Don’t JudgeJust because people make different choices than you, they are not stupid. Also, you don’t know everything about people, so don’t judge them — help them.
15. Think About OthersJust be mindful, that’s all. We all have families, bills to pay, and our own issues. Don’t always make everything about yourself.
16. Don’t Take Yourself SeriouslyYeah, yeah, you’re an individual, and people have to take you seriously, I get it. But at the end of the day, we’re all a bunch of ants trying to chase the same things. Lighten up.
17. Take ActionDon’t just sit there, do something. Without action, there is no outcome.
18.Create SomethingNot to leave a legacy, you won’t be here to see it anyway, but to be of use. Make music, write a book, build a table, anything. You’ll feel good about yourself, plus you give something back to people to use or enjoy.